EPG is seeking a Seasonal Biologist with avian expertise.
Qualifications and skills required
- Experience conducting avian point counts, raptor nest surveys, and/or sage-grouse lek surveys
- Ability to identify western birds by sight and sound
- Proficiency with GPS data collection
- Ability to hike up to 10 miles per day in variable terrain and weather
- An excellent attitude and good teamwork and communication skills
Education and experience required
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in wildlife biology, zoology, or ecology; or two years’ worth of coursework pursuant to the majors listed
- At least one season of field experience with avian point counts, raptor nest surveys, and/or sage-grouse lek counts
Job responsibilities include assisting with the following
- Conducting avian point count surveys, migratory bird nest clearance surveys, raptor nest surveys, and/or sage-grouse lek surveys
- Assisting with report preparation and project coordination
- The work schedule will vary depending on the job. Lodging and per diem will be provided depending on distance and job requirements.
- This is a non-exempt temporary employment position; hourly salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience.
- Salary is negotiable based on relevant experience.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter listing at least 3 references to:
Environmental Planning Group, LLC Human Resources via email at email@example.com