EPG is seeking an experienced Construction Dust Monitor to be based in Las Vegas. This candidate will perform dust monitoring in Clark County, Nevada for a construction project. Candidate will assist the Environmental Compliance Manager to ensure the site stays in compliance with air quality regulations. Candidate must possess very good communication skills to effectively manage daily field activities in an environmentally responsible manner. Good working experience associated with large construction projects relating to the energy/transportation/mining industry is recommended for this position.
Qualifications and skills required
- Must possess Clark County Dust Monitoring Certification
- Must possess good planning and organizational skills
- Able to communicate with construction personnel
- Detail oriented while still able to understand the overarching goals of a project
- Able to work productively in both a team environment and independently
- Thinks analytically and sees solutions to problems that come up on construction projects
- Effective time-management skills
- A desire to learn and excel
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Capable of occasionally lifting 50 pounds
Education and experience required
- 0 to 3+ years of work related experience.
- Current Clark County Dust Monitoring Certification
Job responsibilities include the following
- Reporting directly to the Environmental Compliance Manager and serve as the field representative for the compliance management team.
- Monitoring air quality compliance with Clark County Dust Permit
- Attending and participating in daily and weekly safety and environmental tailboard meetings.
- Routinely conducting field inspections and completing daily reports
Work schedules are directly related to construction hours. Typically, construction hours consist of 10-12 hours a day. Occasionally there will be non-standard work schedules (e.g., evenings and weekends). Candidate must be able to support these programs as needs arise. Work scope will require candidate to be in the field during the heat of summer and cold of winter at times. Travel is required for this position.
Pay rate is negotiable based on relevant experience.