EPG’s visual resource team is recognized nationally as a leader in the industry. Our team includes staff that have been involved in the field for more than 40 years—providing expertise in developing and continually improving visual resource methodologies and defensibility related to inventory, analysis, mitigation, plan conformance, siting/planning, and reclamation.
In total, our team has successfully conducted analyses for our clients including solar and wind generation, electric transmission, transportation, recreation facilities and National Trails, pipelines, mines, and telecommunication facilities.
We provide visual resource and National-Trail related training and guidance to agencies and private-sector clients. Our team is passionate about scenery and resource management, and we have a proven track record in successfully assisting clients with navigating challenges associated with visual resources.
Our visual resource services include:
- Visual resource impact analyses, including use of federal visual resource management systems (e.g. Bureau of Land Management, U.S. Forest Service)
- Large-scale visual resource inventories (VRI)
- Highly accurate and defensible visual simulation of proposed projects, using computer graphics, 3D/video image processing, and photomontage techniques
- Mitigation planning and design analysis
- Landscape restoration and reclamation planning and design
- Advanced GIS capabilities, including automated and scripted processes for viewshed analysis, impact analysis, and real-time data collection
- Video documentation (including use of UAV drones) of site conditions, study products, and meetings
- Professional, high-resolution digital photography
- Expert testimony for federal and state administrative procedures
EPG Visual Resources – Meeting project demands while protecting and enhancing the aesthetics of the natural and built environments.